1.03.2011

No longer just spoken words

We made it!

We have finally arrived in Vietnam after several hours of traveling. Attempting to describe how I feel in just a post would be futile, so I'm just going to say that there are no words to explain the warmth I felt when I saw our family (aunts, uncles, cousins...possibly nephews and nieces) waiting to greet us at the airport. "Greet" would not suffice as this is more than just a greeting between families. We've been waiting our whole lives to meet each other. As I went to shake one of my aunt's hands, I realized that a hand was not nearly enough...so I reached out and wrapped my arms around her in a hug that was so familiar in my mind even though we've never met.

So, good start to the too short trip we have planned here in our country. Despite feeling more than a little ill right now and for the duration of our trip here, I am riding high on the knowledge that I will finally get to see and experience what my parents have talked about for so long: home.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, sis! Wishing I could be there with you guys.

    ReplyDelete